Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Want to Go to the Beach? | Book Recommendations

Hello!

So I've been asked a few times for recommendations, but I have a hard time filling in genre because I read so diversely. Instead I thought it would be fun to pick a theme, feeling, or activity and coordinate books that I think fit that category!

Today I will be giving you some of my favourite books that either remind me of the beach, or that I think would be good to bring with you to lay in the sun!



The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Goodreads: click here

A romantic contemporary set by the beach, this novel includes the highs and lows of new love and balancing family. Living on the water there are many scenes of ocean views and beach excursions, so you will want to feel as though you are there with the characters. 







Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
Goodreads: click here

Sarah Dessen is known for her contemporary novels, and this one is my favourite. Centering around more than just a relationship, this novel brings the importance of friendship to light in a very refreshing way. If you are headed to the beach with some of your girlfriends, I recommend throwing this one in your beach bag!






The Selection by Kiera Cass
Goodreads: click here

This is such a light and easy series to read, the pages nearly turn themselves. I read the first novel in only a couple of hours, and had no problems doing the same with the rest of the series. A lot of readers do not like these novels, but if you are looking for something easy and entertaining I would recommend it!






The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Goodreads: click here
My review: click here

If you are looking for something that screams summer, and has relatable characters please pick up this one! The main story is of three teens and a family beach house, but it is not as cliche as it may seem. There are many other elements involved in this plot, one of the strong being of family. These characters are having such a fun summer, and are constantly around water - so this is the perfect beach read!




To Be Perfectly Honest by Sonya Sones
Goodreads: click here
My review: click here

This was one of the first novels I had read that was written in verse, and I was engrossed from the very beginning. It is a contemporary story about a young teen who has a problem with lying - adding a nice sense of mystery throughout the story. If you are looking for something fun and fast-paced, make sure you pick up this novel or anything else by Sonya Sones.




Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
Goodreads: click here

I am not sure how I can convince you to read this novel, except to tell you that you will laugh the entire time. When I read this novel I wasn't a huge Ellen fan but enjoyed watching her Youtube clips, however after listening to this audiobook I think she is hilarious. This is a novel/audiobook that you can enjoy in one sitting, and would be perfect while sitting on the beach!





Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
Goodreads: click here

This is an amazing novel that has a lot of pleasant moments, but also a lot of heartbreak and mourning. The setting of this novel is an island and there are many references to sailing, making it perfect to read by the water!







Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
Goodreads: click here
My review: click here

This is one of my favourite new adult/romance novels that I have ever read. Taking place in Rosemary Beach with many references to the view of the ocean from Rush's house, this novel (and four book series) is addictive and captivating. These books were ones that I could not put down, and read all four back-to-back. I could rave about this series endlessly, so I highly recommend checking it out for yourself!


What genre of books do you like to read during the summer or on the beach? Any recommendations? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment