Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Favourite New Adult/ Adult Romance Novels

Hello again! So last week on my YouTube channel I posted my Favourite YA Contemporary Novels, so I thought I would share my favourite new adult and adult romance books!

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

This was actually my most recent read, and one that has made it onto my favourites list for the year. Abbi Glines never fails to disappoint me. Granted these books aren't much more than drama, hormones, and sex - I find them to be quick, easy to read, and enjoyable.

This book had quite a bit going on for both characters, but I never felt like the story was rushed. As for the twist at the end, I had a few ideas but I wasn't even close. 

I plan on going out to Chapters tonight to buy the sequel because I just can't wait. 


Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

This was my first experience with Colleen Hoover and I was blown away. My expectations were very high but she did such a good job of blending a strong plot with interesting characters. I laughed, I cried, and I gushed. 

I actually read this book with my mom (which might sound weird considering the genre but we're close) and found we had different interpretations of the relationship. I thought Miles was hurt and messed up from something out of his past, but my mom thought he was just a jerk. So it was fun to compare notes in that aspect. 

This novel was what sucked me into Colleen's books and I now think I own most of them (another of which will be on this list).

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

I have read quite a few books by Nicholas Sparks and this is one of my favourites. I know that the Notebook is very popular, but I honestly prefer this one. It was centred around adult characters that are reunited after an event, and the relationship that sparks. 

I enjoyed reading these two characters and reading about how their current lives entwined, as well as a glance into their past. 






Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Oh Travis Maddox, how I loved you. This was the first new adult novel that I read, and it came highly recommended to me from a few close friends. I was not disappointed (clearly)! I loved how quick of a read this was and how engrossed I got into the story. 

I did try to read the sequel/spin-off/companion told in Travis' perspective, but I could not get into it. I did not like the way he was written and his attitude, so I am choosing not to continue. I am going to read the spin-off series about Travis' brothers eventually.




Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting

Oh man I LOVED this book so much. I was almost late for work because I could not put it down - and then I brought it with me to read on my break.

A sexy tattoo artist with an array of piercings and a rough personality to match? Sold. I went into Chapters looking for something smutty because that's what I was in the mood for, and this cover drew me in immediately. I had never heard of this but am so glad I picked it up.

Throughout this novel we learn so much more about Hayden and Tenley's lives, and how much deeper their personalities go. I cannot wait to pick up the sequel and see what ensues!

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick




I am not sure how many times I can talk about this book. It is amazing, I love it. Go read it, and then watch the movie. 








And finally Never, Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fischer


I loved this book so much, I stayed up all night to read it. It was so romantic and mysterious that words can't describe how I feel about it. I have also read part two, and am eagerly awaiting part three! 

As far as I know there are only three parts that are all about 100 pages, but I recommend you checking them out!






I hope you enjoyed my recommendations, and let me know if you have any of your own! 

Have a great week, 
Kristina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment