Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up: March 29th - April 5th

Hey guys and happy holidays! Hope you guys are having a better day/week than I have - family stuff going on and I'm two provinces away. Yes I had to stay at school for Easter, but the four day weekend allotted me lots of time to read!

READ



I finally finished Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff, and it was not at all what I was hoping it would be. This novel started out so strong, but then eventually hit a lull and then just lost my interest completely. At the beginning I was so interested in Sam and Hayden's relationship, and what happened between them before Hayden committed suicide (not a spoiler). About 100 pages in the many focus of the plot shifted towards Sam's relationship and I just did not care. The only redeeming quality of this story was the songs listed at the beginning of each song. I listened to each one before starting the chapter, and it really helped to set the tone for the pages to follow. Overall three stars!



And then today I was going a little bit crazy adding books to my iPad (kindle app) because of all the free public domain books I was finding. I then came across The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen, for 10cents and had to buy it. The Disney movie is one of my favourites, so I had to start reading it immediately. To say it was a little different is a complete understatement. There are similar aspects but Disney lightened it up for children considerably. A good example? The "little mermaid" (her name is not Ariel in the story) cuts off her tongue in order to meet the prince. Oh no, this is not the happily-ever-after story I thought I knew but I still really enjoyed it! I gave it four stars and can't wait to read more of these classic stories. 


CURRENTLY READING



Right now I feel like picking up The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot since I need something light to calm my brain while I prepare for exams and everything else I am dealing with. I have read this series years ago, even though I probably should have been older, but I remember really enjoying it. My roommate and I recently watched the movie together and it put me in the mood to read it again. 



BOUGHT


Nothing this past week, but my roommate and I are planning to go to Chapters tomorrow to treat ourselves so we will see what ensues! 


GOALS


I really hope to find the time amongst all my homework and studying to finish a book, but I don't want to stress myself out too much. I am just going with the flow, so if I see a book tomorrow that I want I will probably buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment