Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up: February 15th - 22nd

Hello again! Sorry there was no post last week, but if you follow me on twitter (if not it's @kristinalenny), you would see that I did not buy anything or read anything. I was finally able to sit down and finish a book after a mid-term and I am currently reading another one! 

READ



Yes! I finally finished Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, which I started on the 6th! This was such an amazing read and I gave it five stars without a doubt. I have so much I can say about this that I will be posting a full review on Wednesday, but in a short sentence; this novel has made it onto my favourites list. The characters were so real, the plot was strong, and it was beautifully written. AND THAT ENDING. I was near tears and could not believe what was happening. 




CURRENTLY READING


So since Forbidden was such a heavy and emotional read, I really needed something light and fun to pick my mood back up. I had been so excited to read Grace's Guide by Grace Helbig, and so far I have not been disappointed and only about 70 pages in. She is so hilarious and so right about so many things - I really appreciated the section "25 ways to deal with anxiety" (or some title along those lines). I know this is going to be a novel I will enjoy and re-read many times in the future. If you like Grace, I totally recommend picking this book up. 





I also am getting into Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire and am very excited about it. I miss the characters and have been wanting to know what was going on with Travis for a while. I am hoping I enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed the first one!







BOUGHT

So I had been doing so well at not buying a book all week, but yesterday my roommate and I went to Costco and I just couldn't help myself. They had good books and at such good prices! I got I Was Here by Gayle Forman, and a beautiful edition of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. 


GOALS

I have quite a bit of schoolwork to get done before I go home on Friday night, so I am only setting two easy goals for myself. The first one is to not buy a book all week which should be easy because I currently have so many that I am dying to read, that I can't think of any I want to buy. My second goal is to finish a book this week, which should be easy because I am flying through Grace's Guide.

I hope you guys have a great week and I will talk to you on Wednesday with my Forbidden review!

No comments:

Post a Comment