Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up: January 19th - 25th

What a busy week it has been! I feel like I have fallen so behind in the booktube world, and that sucks because you guys are pretty much my life. On the other hand, school work just keeps adding up and my school's union is currently on strike alert. So, yeah. However, I did manage to finish a book! About time, I know I know, but on Friday after my exam I just sat down and finished the last 100+ pages!

READ


I finally finished Demon Glass by Rachel Hawkins and I was not disappointed! I wish I had been able to finish it sooner, but once I got to those last 100 pages, I could not put it down. Thankfully I brought the third book, Spell Bound, to school with me and I hope to pick it up this week. This series just goes from having me laughing out loud to wanting to crawl into a corner. I have never been so torn in a love triangle. Four out of five stars to this one though, that ending had me on the edge of my seats and that ending - I can't even deal with it. I just need to know. 




CURRENTLY READING


Today I picked up The Gift of Acabar by by Og Mandino and have gotten about 34 pages into it, out of 114. I received this book for Christmas from a man who has amazing literary taste, and whose opinion I trust very much. So far? This book is sad. So very sad. I enjoy the writing and the background is interesting enough, I just can't wait to get to the part that makes this one of his (my friend's) favourite works. Hopefully I don't cry before we get to that point. 






BOUGHT

Nothing! This wasn't hard to accomplish because I paid off the rest of the money I owed to my university, and am now broke. 

GOALS

First, I would like to finish The Gift of Acabar by tomorrow. It's still early, but I have some studying to do and my roommate and I are currently on season 6 of Friends which is when everything starts to get good! So that will be the rest of my night. Second, I would like to start Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins and have it finished by the time I do my next weekly wrap-up. This is the third and final book in the trilogy, and like I mentioned, I just need to know what happens next. I also don't want to buy a book this week - which I can't afford to do anyway. And finally, I am currently three (yes 3) books behind on my Goodreads challenge, and I would like to get it up to two and keep it there for the week. 

No exams or assignments due for this week, but one due for next week so we'll see what happens! Have a good week and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment