Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Nowhere, AZ Review

Nowhere, AZ 

Written by: Chris Nunley
# of pages: 135

My Rating: 4/5

Read in December 2013

Summary according to goodreads

“Always going somewhere. Never getting anywhere.”

Negative energy haunts the nameless Narrator, who's been on the run for twelve years. 

A convicted killer on the loose, he has no one left to rely on and no place to call home, so he heads west. 

"Those who will remember will say it's all my fault." 

He has no control of what he's capable of and does his best to avoid any type of confrontation at all costs.

Words are said, things are done. Friends turn into enemies. 

"They call me a monster." 

Just as he's about to reach his destination, his past starts catching up quickly.


My Thoughts

I got sent a copy of this book to review, but that does not influence my opinion. 

When I first started reading it, I honestly didn't think I would like it. I am happy to say that I actually really enjoyed it and read it in one sitting! With the short chapters, it's one of those books you can't seem to put down. It started off very mysterious which I think is great because it really grabbed my attention.

I would describe this as almost like an adult, supernatural kind of read. It wasn't at all what I was expecting based off the back cover. The pictures added a lot to the descriptions and tone of the book, in my opinion. The chapters tend to go back and forth to his past and the present. This kept things interesting and helped you put different pieces of the history together. But this also meant that there were quite a few characters and names to remember, which confused me at first but is very easy to catch on to.

This is one of those books that tie up the loose ends, and answer all your questions, but at the same time has an opening ending that a reader can be okay with. I definitely recommend this for any young adult/ adult fiction reader! 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the tour! I'm so glad you enjoyed Nowhere, AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina, thanks for the honest review. I really hope you enjoyed my book!

    ReplyDelete